Director of Development and Marketing
- Administration - Development and Marketing
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Title: Director of Development and Marketing
Reports to: President and CEO
FLSA StatusL Salary/Exempt
The Director of Development and Marketing oversees all aspects of fund development and internal and external communications. This position is primarily responsible for building relationships, increasing organization visibility and increasing funding revenue and sources. This position works closely with the President and CEO, Board and other key members of staff to create overall messaging content and identify, develop and implement fundraising and other revenue-generating strategies.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and oversee an annual marketing plan, communication plan, and fundraising plan for AYS to best meet organizational priorities
- Develop and oversee department budget and resources
- Responsible for all aspects of developing and meeting annual fundraising goal, including public and private contributions
- Actively manage donor portfolio of donors and prospects
- Make direct, face-to-face solicitations, and assists President and CEO, the board and other staff with their solicitation (e.g. provide portfolio development support, strategic counsel, and help with donor communications)
- Oversee and ensure effective grants process; Leads internal cross-departmental Grants team and responsible for submission of all grant proposals and reports
- Oversee Funder and United Way relationships, often serving as the primary contact, and ensure all reporting deadlines are met
- Serve as a representative of AYS in the community, developing relationships with potential funders, partners, and volunteers
Leverage partnerships and media relationships to expand AYS' visibility in the community
- Work with Director of Partnerships and other key teams to identify and secure partnerships or sponsorships to increase revenue and/or reduce expenses
- Prepares communications and presentations including talking points for internal and external initiatives.
- Lead board committees and any task forces associated with fundraising, marketing and/or communications
- Oversee donor database, ensuring proper data entry standards and effective reporting.
- Oversee tracking and reconciliation of donor funds
- Regularly tracks and analyzes donor information and giving trends and develops and implements strategies as needed to meet organizational goals.
- Serves as a member of the Communications, Executive and leadership teams
- Serves on other key teams as assigned
- Provides direction for communications initiatives, marketing materials, and other key functions of the department
- Hires, mentors and trains department staff
- Provides direction for the Marketing and Communications Manager, as well as any consultants and interns working with the department
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- A Bachelor's degree in communications, non-profit management, or related field is required.
- A minimum of five years of fundraising, communications, or related experience is preferred.
- CFRE or other business credentials or Master's Degree preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communication – Provide prompt, attentive, and friendly customer service in-person and by phone; represents the organization well; maintains personal accountability and ownership for providing excellent customer service. Communicates verbal and written ideas and thoughts clearly, accurately, and respectfully; seeks and responds to feedback from customers to improve service; seeks to understand the perspectives of others.
- Collaboration - Cooperates and works together with all co-workers; plan and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate judgment; collaborates with and supports coworkers by helping out where needed; creates and maintains positive relationships with coworkers; asks for and listens to coworker feedback and incorporates feedback into revised processes; completes work on time and with proper quality; supports cross-training and shares learning with others.
- Technical – Proficiency in using computers and related software; experience with Bloomerang or other donor tracking software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee frequently is required to:
- Stand, walk, sit
- Use hands and fingers to handle books, paper, technology
- Speak and listen to others
- See and read
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate through all media
- Works collaboratively and cooperatively with staff, school and parents
- Is flexible
- Assists in the creation and implementation of required curriculum components.
- Demonstrates ability to ask for and receive feedback from others and works to make changes when needed.
- Treats others with respect and dignity'encourages a climate of trust and openness
- Handles issues and concerns with firmness and fairness
- Demonstrates positive attitude toward work and the children
- Is Willing to take on new tasks and responsibilities
- Demonstrates confidence
- Participates in team meetings and is willing to implement suggestions to improve program quality
- Takes initiative to ensure that the program is running smoothly
- Attends training sessions on program safety
- Provides a safe place for the children to be before and after school
- Follows procedures to ensure the children and staff are safe
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts